Eat well

Jump on my Journey

Eating Clean was introduced to me when I started my Journey to better health. I quickly became fascinated with this lifestyle watching videos, reading, and testing new recipes.
 
To “Eat Clean” is choosing to eat whole foods such as fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains and good fats.
 
What I love so much about this lifestyle is the simplicity. I am able to take a few of my favorite fresh foods and marry them together in a dish for a simple, healthful meal. Also, I love that I do not spend my days counting calories or giving up any certain food group(s).
 
It is important to remember that clean eating is about consistency, not perfection. If you are like me and everyone else in this world we are not perfect (gosh I do not even like that word). When you put whole, lean, good for you foods into your body you will find that consistency, and still be able to enjoy a glass of wine or a piece of cheesecake which is what I call 80/20. 80% of the time you are feeding your body correctly and being active and the other 20% of the time you are enjoying what is important to you. By doing this you will still feel your best and achieve your health goals. You will find that a commitment clean eating becomes a lifestyle change and not a diet.  Once that “Perfect Diet Pressure” is lifted you will achieve so much more because of it!
 
Check out the links above to my family’s favorite recipes and my Blog. I will continue to share tips, tools, inspiration and even more recipes! I love simple so most of my recipes are 6-7 ingredients or less and sometimes measuring is not required!

Save

Save

Simple Guidelines for Success

1.  Eat small frequent meals 5-6 times per day.

2.  Eat breakfast within one hour of rising.

3.  Include lean protein and complex carbohydrates in each meal.

4.  Avoid ALL processed and/or refined foods (sugar, white flour, white rice, etc).

5.  Avoid saturated and trans fats.

6.  Avoid soda - regular and diet.

7.  Drink at least 8 cups of water per day.