I recently got to travel to Lake Tahoe. Over the years, I have heard really great things about this destination. And, after visiting this location I have to say it was even better than I imagined. Yes, I already know what you’re thinking. I am from Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes, why on earth would I be so excited about another lake? I guess you could say I’m a little weak in the knees when it comes to waterfronts!
Not Just Another Ordinary Lake
Let me share a few fun facts about Lake Tahoe. It is a fresh water lake. The state line of Nevada and
California run right through the middle of the lake. It is 22 miles long and 11.8 miles wide. The clarity
and shades of blue were incredible.
A few activities you can enjoy:
1. Endless Hiking Trails – my favorite was in Emerald Bay.
2. Biking Trails
3. Many water sports including boating, kayaking, and paddle boarding.
4. A winter visit could include skiing and snowboarding.
5. The Heavenly Gondola – this is a 2.4 mile ride up the mountain, where you’ll find a observation deck and
Tahoe travel tips:
1. Summer and Winter is Tahoe high season. Consider this when selecting your travel dates.
2. Give yourself some time to get used to the elevation.
3. Pack layers of clothing – the day time can gets warm, and the evenings cool quickly!
4. You will want a rental car to get around. Depending where your hotel is you could be in
walking distance to shopping and dining as well.
If you love being outdoors exploring and being active, this is a destination you will want to add to your travel list to experience. I absolutely loved the combination of the beautiful lake and mountains next to the water.