- 2 lbs garlic cut into small pieces
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese or 1/3 c. cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup salsa
- Cumin and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasonings to your liking ) (or your favorite taco seasoning)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can organic black beans
- 5-7 Corn tortillas
- Mix all above items in a pan and warm through. Once warm add 1 can drained black beans. 5-7 Corn Tortillas (I love the Trader Joe’s Brand, very little ingredients) Take a pizza cutter and cut tortillas in half to have a few straight edges. With a nonstick spray, spray a 9×11 pan or for a thicker Mexican Lasagna try a smaller pan 7×9.
- Start to layer, tortillas then add half of the meat mixture, then another layer of tortillas, and the last layer of meat. As a treat I did allow a little cheese on the top but not in the in between layers. Plate up, Romaine lettuce, and then add your piece of Mexican lasagna and top with more salsa, Greek yogurt and some avocado. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!