So many of you love to pack light in a carry-on bag. Here are seven tips for packing in a carry-on for a week-long vacation:
1. Plan your outfits: To minimize the amount of clothes you need to bring, plan out your outfits
in advance. This will help you pack only what you need, and reduce the chances of
2. Pack versatile items: Choose items that can be dressed up or down, and that can be worn for
different activities such as sightseeing or dining. This will save space and reduce the number
of items you need to bring.
3. Use packing cubes: These small, lightweight containers help to keep your clothes organized,
compressed and wrinkle-free.
4. Roll your clothes: Rolling your clothes instead of folding them helps to maximize space and
5. Limit liquids: Pack only the essentials, such as toiletries, in a quart-sized clear plastic bag.
Remember that the airport has a 3.4 oz (100ml) liquid limit. Most resorts offer your
shampoos, conditioner and soap in your room.
6. Wear your bulkiest items: Consider wearing your bulkiest clothing items, such as your jacket
or shoes, on the plane to save space in your carry-on.
7. Leave room for souvenirs: Don’t forget to leave some extra room in your carry-on for any
souvenirs you may want to bring home with you.