It’s crazy to think I got serious about changing my lifestyle eight years ago. Wow, time flies by! Over the years, I have loved learning about the food we put into our body, the nutrients we need, supported nutritional cleansing, and so much more.
In addition to learning, one of my greatest takeaways on this lifestyle has been the importance of habits. We can implement any habit we desire. This all took a lot of trial and error. Then, a lot of practice and patience. When you change what you eat and there are four others living in the same home, it affects everyone. This is why it had to become a habit quickly for me. I live an 80/20 lifestyle, meaning 80% of the time I am eating good, healthy foods while 20% of the time I am enjoying the treats I love! I wanted to share with you six simple things I consume every day. These are a few of the things that help keep me feeling well!
- Water – I wake up every day and the first thing I have is a glass of water. Then I just try to drink water all day through the day. Many times I add a lemon slice or lemon essential oil. I drink water for many reasons. I just mention this because I never used to drink enough water before I changed my habits.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (in a pill form) – The health benefits of apple cider vinegar aids in many things, a healthy alkaline pH level, it can kill harmful bacteria, aids in weight loss, and so much more.
- Coffee – Not just any coffee. My favorite is an organic blend with green tea and coconut oil. These days you find more and more people loving their coffee. Everyone has a different opinion on coffee. Personally, I feel the quality of your coffee and what you add to it is important. Most mornings here in Minnesota it is cold and there is nothing better than waking up to a hot cup of joe!
- Adaptogens – What are adaptogens, you ask? They are natural botanicals that have unique characteristics that help your body combat stress, focus your mind, and elevate your daily performance. I take them either in a liquid or powder form. Let’s be honest, we all deal with stress, both mentally and physically, in our business of life. Focus is a good thing regardless of how much stress you have!
- Green Veggies – every day! Call me crazy, but I love veggies. They are good for building your body’s natural defenses. Vitamin C is good for healthy skin and bones and vitamin K helps your body heal itself quickly when necessary. Spinach, kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts are just a few of my favorite vegetables.
- High-quality good protein – I consumed protein in every meal. There are so many benefits to a high protein diet. It builds your immune system, supports muscle growth, helps maintain a healthy weight and so much more. Some of the ways I get my protein in are animal/wild-caught fish, beans, vegetables, nuts, and protein powder.
I want to challenge you to take a look at your day. Notice what you consume daily. Then make a list of five or six good things you want to work towards consuming every day. Many times it is the small daily actions that we do every day that will make a difference in our life!