With the holidays here many of us are our traveling, or visiting family for the weekends. This means we will be away for the gym or our typical workout spot. Here are a few great and fun workout moves you can do anywhere and you just use your body weight.
Do this round 5 times (or as many as you can but remember to push yourself!)
1. Push ups -(10X) Could be the best full body move and improves your core strength. It uses muscles in the chest, shoulders, triceps, back, abs and even the legs.
2. Squats- (16X) When done properly and with time you will see results in your glutes. Stand with your feet just a little past shoulder width and as you squat down keep your knees behind your toes!
3. Hold Low plank for 1 minute! Planking will improve your core and abs. To be able to hold a plank for a longer length of time takes some practice.
4. Jumping Lunge – (15X) Pump up your energy on this move!
Stand with one leg forward, one leg back. Hold your arms bent at 90 degrees. Prepare to jump by bending your knees and sinking down into a deep lunge, lean slightly forward and jump to switch legs, landing in a lunge.
5. Superman – (10X) Lie face down on the floor, legs together and straight, arms straight and extended above your head. Keep your head/neck in a neutral position. Lift your legs and arms up toward the ceiling, hold for 5 counts lay back down and repeat.
6. Burpees – (10X) This is a fun full body move that is sure to get your heart rate up! Jump up, go all the way down and place your hands on the floor, then jump your feet out and bring feet back in and back to your jump up. For a great demo Google for a video.
7. Speed Crunch – (25X) Lay on your back, both legs up straight in the air and pulse your shoulders upwards. This will bring the burn on in your abs!
There are so many different workout moves you can put together and make a plan of how sets! If you want to take it up a notch in between each round you can add in 1 minute of Jumping Jacks, High Knees, or Butt Kicks.
Have a great workout! Remember it does not matter how it just matter to keep your body moving!