Mexico is a beautiful destination with so much to offer those who vacation there. I have enjoyed traveling
to Mexico for about 20 years exploring most of the well-known areas of Riviera Maya, Cancun, Isla
Mujeres, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, and Ixtapa. Each spot offers its own uniqueness.
Here are five reasons why I love to travel to Mexico.
- The ease of the travel day. We are spoiled out of Minneapolis. There are many non-stop flight options to get to many destinations for a Mexican vacation. This is especially nice when you are traveling for less than a week. I enjoy not taking up so much of my time traveling.
- There is something for everyone in terms of the variety of resorts and activities. I have been to Mexico on a girls trip, a generational extend family trip, spouse trip, with my kids at all ages as they were growing up, and adults only birthday celebrations to name a few. Every single trip met our wants and needs and we had a wonderful vacation.
- The food. Yes, I love good food! We are foodies in my family. We love authentic Mexican food. Overall, we love high-quality food. As you read this, you might be thinking about an experience you had or heard about the bad food in Mexico. Guess what? There can be bad food everywhere we go. Over the years I have had mediocre food in Mexico, too. Over time, I have learned to research the best food and book resorts that offer higher-quality food options.
- Cenotes to explore. Cenotes are unique to Mexico and you can find them in the Riviera Maya area. They are natural sinkholes in the ground filled with water. Most of the water in the pools are pristine and clear that you can see right down to the bottom. They have become a highlight and must see and swim in the Cancun and Riviera Maya area. Some you can walk to from your hotel, take a taxi to or your excursion may be bring you to a cenotes. Most cenotes are safe to swim in, however please do your research before getting in or let your guide explain the cenote. Overall, when in a destination it is fun to learn and experience what is unique to that destination and something you may not experience anywhere else. Cenotes are a great pick when in the Cancun and Riviera Maya area.
- There are so many destinations within Mexico to visit including Cozumel, Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas and so many more. What is neat about each is they are all different from each other. You can repeat Mexico as your vacation spot, yet feel like you are on a completely different vacation each time you are visiting the country.
These are a few reasons why I love to travel to Mexico and suggest this great destination to my clients when they are looking for a warm weather vacation spot. Mexico is an incredible value in terms of travel, too. If you have not been to Mexico or only visited one area, this is an amazing destination to consider for your next vacation!