Summer is in full swing and for the mothers out there it means keeping the kitchen stocked full of “clean” options for our kids.
You may notice your meal prepping shifting in the summer. For some you need to be even more prepared due to summer sports and activities and for others it may be opposite! I know in my house I need more on the go options ready and available not only for me my three very hungry growing kids.
I wanted to share a few of may favorite treats to keep on hand:
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Popcorn with coconut oil & Sea salt
Fruit & Peanut butter dip
Want More Energy Popsicles
Ants on a Log
Yogurt and Coconut Granola
NEW!!! Graham Cracker Sandwiches – these are a fun new frozen treat I just created!
Recipe: Frozen Graham Cracker Sandwiches
Annie’s Organic Graham Crackers
All natural peanut butter (or any nut or seed butter)
1 can of coconut milk
1 t. vanilla
2 packets of stevia
First you will make your Coconut Whip Cream.
What You Need to make Coconut Cream!
One 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
2 packets of Stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla or more to taste (optional)
1. Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled. You can even leave it in the fridge overnight.
2. Open the can of coconut milk. There will be a firm, Scoop out this firm layer coconut cream. Do not take out the bottom layer that looks like water, you do not use this layer.
3. Place this cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl.
4. Turn your mixer or hand beaters to high speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Whip until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in stevia or vanilla, if using.
Once your cream is made, take out your crackers brake them in half spread your nut butter on one cracker then add your cream and top with the other cracker.
Place in a Container and add wax paper in between each layer so they do not stick.
Once Sandwich is frozen ENJOY~
Stay tuned for, Kids Lunches all Cleaned up!, Staying on track during the summer, What to make for your weekend at the lake and How to incorporate your kids with your workouts.