We are all busy! What makes things easy on my family is simple, week-night dinners. We love anything and everything Mexican. This enchilada recipe was begging for us to try and was an absolute hit!
- 1 Pound Meat Ground hamburger, turkey, or chicken cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Can Black Beens
- 1 Yellow or Orange Pepper Chopped
- 1 Can Diced Green Chilis
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 2 TBSP garlic Fresh or jar
- 1 Jar Enchilada sauce I like Trader Joe's brand
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Package Flour Tortillas I prefer organic
- Place meat in a skillet and cook through.
- Add in: black beans, yellow or orange pepper, chilis, onion, cumin, and garlic.
- Once warm, put all filling ingredients into the tortilla shells. Roll 5-6 tortilla shells and place them back into the skillet.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the filled tortillas in the skillet. Cook on medium for about 5 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling. Then, sprinkle your desired amount of cheese on top. When the cheese is melted, they are ready to serve.
- Add any of the extra toppings to your liking and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!